Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Undergraduate Students: If you are an advanced standing, first-year, re-enrolled, or provisional student, please follow the instructions below for registering.

  • Meet with your academic adviser or contact the Advising Center in the General Studies Building to plan your course schedule.

  • To determine when you may register, consult the Registration Time Schedule on the first screen of the Schedule of Courses. This table is based on the number of total credits that you have earned to date as well as the credits for which you are currently registered. Registration attempts made prior to your earliest day to register will not be accepted. The registration process begins as of your "first day to register by telephone or eLion," and continues until the tenth calendar day of the semester.

  • You may register using any of the available registration methods outlined below.

  • Complete your registration by paying applicable tuition and fees.

Non-degree Undergraduate Students: Students who wish to register for the first time as an undergraduate non-degree student must complete an Undergraduate Non-Degree Application and take it to the Registrar's Office in Conklin Hall. All non-degree students register on a space available basis.

Enrollment as a non-degree student does not imply admission to the University. The student must make formal application to the Undergraduate Admissions Office to be considered for admission as an undergraduate degree candidate.

There are two categories of undergraduate non-degree enrollment.

Non-Degree Regular—Any person having received a high school diploma or its equivalent may be permitted to register as a non-degree regular student. There are no specific enrollment limitations associated with this student status.

Non-Degree Conditional—Any student who has been dropped from degree or provisional status by Penn State or any other college or university because of unsatisfactory scholarship may be permitted to register as a non-degree conditional student. The following restrictions are applied to students registering in a non-degree conditional status.

  • Limited to 12 credits per semester (fall, spring, summer)
  • Limited to 30 credits overall
  • MUST obtain academic advice before scheduling courses

New First Year or Provisional Students: If you have not taken the NOS (New Student Orientation) placement tests, contact the Division of Undergraduate Studies at 717-749-6056 to make arrangements to take the tests.

Once the results of the NSO tests are available, the DUS office will assist you with the rest of the registration process.

Advanced Standing and Re-Enrolled Students: If you are an undergraduate degree student who has been re-enrolled or admitted with advanced standing from another institution, you must contact the Advising Center at 717-749-6056 or your adviser to plan an academic schedule.