Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

The Penn State registration process consists of two steps:

1.  The student enrolls (schedules) specific courses; and
2.  The student completes registration by payment of tuition and fees.

Students who have enrolled in courses will receive a billing statement of tuition and fees from the Bursar's Office.  This statement includes the amount due as well as possible credits resulting from applicable scholarships, loans, grants, and other forms of financial assistance.  In some cases, because of the possible financial credits, a student may not be required to make payment to the University.  In other cases, a student may be due a refund from the University.  In all cases, regardless of the amount due, action is required to complete the registration process.

  • Give payment and semester bill to the Bursar's Office in Conklin.  To avoid late payment fees, both payment and the semester bill must be received by the Bursar's Office by the due date printed on the semester bill.  If you do not receive a semester bill, contact the Bursar's Office in Conklin at (717) 749-6180.

  • You may pay by credit card via eLion or at BURSAR.PSU.EDU.  There is a 2% Convenience Fee for each payment processed with a credit card.  Master Card and Discover credit cards are both accepted for tuition payments.  We cannot accept credit cards via mail, phone or in person.

  • If the "net payable" is $0.00 or less than $100.00 you will receive an e-mail notification in lieu of a paper semester bill.  The notification informs you to complete your registration on eLion.

All of the following conditions apply to students with Incomplete Registrations:

  • Students will not receive grades for courses attended.

  • Once classes begin, students cannot add or late-drop courses for the current semester.

  • Students are ineligible to register for future semesters.

  • The student's Penn State Access Account will be suspended.

  • If receiving student loans, the student may enter a repayment status with lender.

  • If receiving student aid, some aid sources may be canceled and unable to be reinstated at a later date.

  • If living in University housing, the student will need to vacate housing.

  • If receiving a Federal Work Study award, the student cannot be hired.

  • Faculty are not obligated to provide instruction or administer assessment for the student.