How can the Learning Specialist help me?
- Study Strategies
- Listening Skills
- Note Taking
- Reading Comprehension
- Stress Management
- Goal Setting
- Time Management
- Test Taking/Anxiety Strategies
- Connects you to additional resources
- Classroom Presentations for faculty
- and many many more!
When is the Learning Specialist available?
|Monday||9:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.|
How can I schedule an appointment?
- Visit our scheduling website psu.mywconline.com
- Sign in with your PSU email (new users will need to register)
- Select Professional Tutor from the drop down menu
- Select your appointment focus from the drop down menu
- Choose a time that is available (white blocks)
- Flashcards: Studyblue
- Set up simple, easy-to-use flashcards and then share them with your classmates as well as view your classmates flashcards.
- Study Groups: Google+ Hangouts
- If your study buddies can't meet in one room this service allows you to use video chat, share your screens, and collaborate simultaneously using online whiteboard and documents via your Google drive.
- Class Notes: Evernote
- Organize your class notes along with related websites and multimedia such as audio clips, photos, and videos.
- Citations: Zotero
- When you find a resource online that you need to cite in your paper, simply click the Zotero button to capture all the information you need. When you're ready to make a bibliography, Zotero will spit out perfectly formed citations in every major publication format (including MLA, CMS, and APA).
- Study Sheets: PocketMod
- Condenses your study material into the most necessary elements.
- Quiz Sets: Quizlet
- One of the best study services available, Quizlet offers organized information in almost every conceivable academic topic, divided into sets that you can access as flashcards, quizzes, study games, and more.
- Productivity: StayFocused
- The Internet offers as many distractions as it does helpful study tools! This extension for Google Chrome restricts the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites. It allows you to configure your own habits (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and once your allotted time is up, the extension blacks the sites for the rest of the day.
Page last modified: August 21, 2014
- Additional Student Support