Academic Skills Coach
How can the Academic Skills Coach help me?
The Academic Skills Coach is available to provide student athletes with specific resources and skill-building programs designed to enhance their academic performance and assist them in reaching their academic goals. The Academic Skills Coach facilitates connections with ASC staff and provides assistance with time management, study skills, test-taking, communication with faculty, academic advising, subject tutoring, and monitoring study halls.
When is the Academic Skills Coach in the ASC?
Academic Skills Coach Tips
Apply lessons learned in the game to lessons in the classroom
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses as a student and spend more time improving these areas of weakness. Practice makes you a better student as well!
Make the most of your support system
- This includes your coach, teammates, as well as instructors, and ASC staff members.
- Be sure to thank people who help you along the way!
Foster a team spirit on and off the field/court
- Encourage each other. Don't derail your teammates! If someone is falling behind, give them a hand.
Consider all the time and energy you put into your sport
- Treat your academics the same way!
Get creative with your time management
- Study on the bus while traveling
- Avoid time wasters
- Find downtime between practice and homework to refuel before diving in
- Schedule a few minutes to unwind, it will help you focus better!
- COMMUNICATE with your instructors!
Page last modified: September 11, 2015
- Additional Student Support