Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

After accepting your admission to Penn State Mont Alto, veterans or students receiving GI educational benefits from a parent will need to present copies of the following forms to the Veterans Affairs Coordinator  (this includes Active Duty, Reservist, National Guard members, and Survivor and Dependents of Disabled or Deceased Veterans):

1.     Certificate of Eligibility: This document is issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs after completion of the VONAPP (http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application/) for educational benefits.


2.     Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) (VA Form DD-2384-1): This form is used to determine entitlement by eligible members of the Selective Reserve and National Guard to receive the Montgomery GI Bill Educational Assistance Benefits (MGIB). Members should obtain their NOBE from their unit of assignment.  

3.     Change of Penn State Program or Place of Training (i.e. another college or university) for all Chapters excluding Chapter 35, complete VA Form 22-1995:  This form can be completed at http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-5490-ARE.pdf.  For students receiving Chapter 35 benefits, complete the form:  http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-5495-ARE.pdf. 


4.     Request for Certification Form (Fall/Spring and Summer links)

5.    Kicker Contract:  Reservist and Active Duty Veterans must also present copies of the following forms if applicable:  Any branch of the service may be offered a Kicker. The Kicker is an additional amount of money that increases their monthly Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) payment. The Military branch establishes the qualifications for the Kicker and is usually based on critical occupational specialties. Members should obtain a copy of their Kicker from their unit of assignment.