Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE): https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Montgomery GI Bill: http://www.gibill.va.gov/benefits/montgomery_gibill/index.html
Veterans Affairs and Benefits
- www.va.gov/ (Veterans Affairs)
- www.vba.va.gov/ (Veterans Benefits Administration)
- www.va.gov/vbs/health (Health Benefits and Services)
- www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/index.htm (Compensation and Pension Benefits)
- www.vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/ (Veterans On-line Application Website)
- www.pde.state.pa.us (Pennsylvania Department of Education)
- www.pheaa.org (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency)
- www.pdehighered.state.pa.us (State Approving Agency)
Local VA Health Care
- Martinsburg VA Medical Center http://www.martinsburg.va.gov
- Community Based Outpatient Clinic: http://www.martinsburg.va.gov/locations/hagerstown.asp
- Questions/Inquiries about GI Bill Benefits and Status of Claims, 1-888-442-4551
- Student Verification of Enrollment (WAVE), 1-877-823-2378 or https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave
- Direct Deposit Information, 1-877-838-2778
- General Information on VA Benefits, 1-800-827-1000
Veterans On-line Access to DD-214 and NOBE
Most veterans and their next of kin can obtain FREE copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) via on-line access through www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs.
To use the system, you must be:
- A military veteran, or
- Next of kin of a deceased, former member of the military. The next of kin can be any of the following: surviving spouse that has not remarried, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, or brother.
If you are not the veteran or next of kin, you must complete the Standard Form 180 (SF 180), Request Pertaining to Military Records, which may be downloaded from the web site listed above.
To initiate a request for Military Personnel Records using the National Archives web site, click on the web page and the "Request Military Records" button at the bottom of the page. This will launch a separate window. You will then enter the required information in the system to create a customized request form. The form must be printed, signed and dated, then submitted via fax or mail.
(The Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. 552a, requires that all requests for records and information must be submitted in writing.)
AVAILABLE ON-LINE FOR GUARD AND RESERVE PERSONNEL
National Guard and selected reserve students should contact their unit of assignment, education office, or personnel office to determine the web sites where they can obtain copies of DD-214s and Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) forms. Each service component maintains a different system where students can find personnel documents which may be used to verify or substantiate eligibility for Veterans education benefits.